VEFASIG2020, July, 2020
Logo for the Virtual EFASIG2020 Meetings, July, 2020
Abstracts for short presentations are invited from BMSS members and non- members to participate in a virtual meeting, which has now been set up on the EFASIG page of the BMSS website and will be a biweekly series commencing on July 16, each of 60 to 90 minutes duration, comprising 2 presentations and a Q/A session. Registration is free of charge for all delegates and is only required once prior to the first session.
A plenary speaker will present the opening talk and early career researchers are encouraged to present for which there will be a Leon Peters ECRs Award.
To register and submit an abstract visit the meetings page and access VirtualEFASIG2020 meeting on the BMSS website via the link https://www.bmss.org.uk/bmss-virtual-efasig-meetings-2020/
We look forward to your participation in this VEFASIG2020 series of events.
EFASIG MEETING ORGANISING GROUP
David Megson, Michael Wilde, Kathy Ridgway, Caroline Gauchotte-Lindsay and Peter J Baugh
Notes taken by Kathy Ridgway during the EFASIG zoom meeting on Monday June 09, 11.00 am, attended by 7 EFASIG meeting group members.
- General agreement that shorter sessions spread over a number of weeks are more likely to be attended
- Proposed length 60-90 minutes about right
- Start meeting 10-15 minutes before first presenter starts to allow introductions and for any technical issues
- Have a meeting guide/etiquette for zoom event - camera set up, presenter should use headset, everyone should be muted when not speaking
- Still to discuss if available 'on demand' after the event check use of recorded sessions with BMSSKathy Ridgway